** Reply to message from Audrey Beck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Fri, 21 Jan 2000
07:56:57 -0600

I tryied using a disk sevtor  editor to return the partition table to ita
correct (DOS OS/2) order but still had to deleat my Linux partitions after this
OS/2 fdisk and Partion magic worked on my first drive (hda)
to sort out my third drive (hdc) having OS/2 fdisk working I simply deleated
and then created a partition on this disk ad this disk has my swap partion for
OS/2 no data was lost and this rebuilt the partiion table correctly and
Partition magic recognised it without error 110 and 116

> > normally I
> > mess)
> > >
> > > I had to cough up the money for PM 5.0.  That worked just fine for me.
> >
> > Does PM 5 have native Linux executables I do not have any 32bit windows on
my
> > system hence I use PM 3.05 as it is the last version to have a native OS/2
> > executable or can it work sucessfully fron good old fastiond 16bit DOS?
>
> I can't run PM any version in my Win95.  I run the DOS version.  But I
> did create them from Win95.  You'd have to ask the PM people if you can
> create them from the cd without access to Win95.
> >
> > Also most importainly will it solve my problem?
>
> I can't promise it will fix the problem, but I had some of the same
> problems with PM 3.0 which 5.0 fixed for me.  Again, you might want to
> ask the PM people if 5.0 will fix the partition table.  The boot manager
> in PM 5.0 seems to like Win, OS/2 and Linux.

Bernice :-)

http://bernice.members.beeb.net

Beat me!  Whip me!  Make me use Windows!