On Sat, 09 Dec 2000, you wrote:
> Hi,

> a) The sound card is a Vortex 1; I have downloaded the unofficial
> driver from sourceforge. I have unpacked and I have did also the make
> (make install20)

Are you absolutely certain that your card is an 8820 based card?

; the modul is installed, but not well charged, It
> gives me an error of the type: the sound card is busy, a problem of IRQ
> or IO.....).

Do you have PNP Operating System = NO set in the bios?  -- if not my notes say
that this can cause a "device busy" error.

Do you see the AU8820 modules initialize "OK"  during the boot up sequence?