Ive finally got my screen resolution problem sorted out and now Im onto the
sound,
Ive read thru readme and faqs and tried "make xconfig", "make config" and
"make menuconfig" everywhere at shell prompts and it doesnt bring up any GUI
setup screen nor text.  Ive found the sndconfig file and thought great, this
should do it, I had all the info ready on IRQ settings etc, but it didnt
auto detect anything nor is MPU-401 isnt in the list, even though in the
readme notes it says it is supported.

Ive got the 910AF Jetway motherboard with the Intel 82810 and 82C801AB and
82C802AB Chipset with On Board CODEC C Compliant to AC97 and in Windows
sound mixer it shows up as using MPU-401 so Im assuming choosing that
somewhere in configuring for Kinux should be ok?  Thats if I can even get to
the setup or configuration utility for sound.

Can anyone help me out?  I dont know where to look now on how to get my
sound configured.  The readme file is huge.  Ive printed it out and all it
says is what I have to do but not where to go and how to do it.  I dont know
how to build and/or compile a kernel let alone find any simple question and
answer setup like there is for the Xconfig for the monitor.

regards
Gina