On Sat, 05 Feb 2000, you wrote:
> At 11:55 AM 2/5/00 -0800, you wrote:
> >BTW, i think you`ll be better off with DSL in the long run b/c you
> >wont have to share your bandwith w/ your neighbors when they get cable in 6
> >months.
>
> Cable is like 100MBps, DSL isn't much faster than 56K modems, last I heard.
> --
>    .*.  "Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not
> -()  <  circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a
>    `*'  straight line."    -------------------------------------------------
>         -- B. Mandelbrot  |http://surf.to/pgd.net [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Programmer & Humanist|ICQ: 10423848|

Well you heard very, very wrong. Cable modems are 1.5megs tops, and you don`t
even get that. You must be thinking of a T3, because cablem modems *dont* do
100mps. My in-house LAN is 100mps, but thats a LAN, and i dont even get 100mps
on that. Sorry to burst your bubble, but with cable you`ll get around 5k to
about 600kps....not 100mps. ah yeah BTW, my DSL line can smoke cable modems
too. It all depends on the server you are d/l`ing from, and what kind of DSL
package you buy.

~ Jerrud D.