Yes ..I change to root  "su" before I type  "make install" .. do i need
another module besides "make" installed?   <sniff sniff>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Necrotica" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, February 27, 2000 7:53 PM
Subject: Re: [newbie] aureal sound help

> I didn't have any problems at all installing the driver. Are you running
make
> install as root??
>
> -Necro
>

> On Sun, 27 Feb 2000, you wrote:
> >
> > I have been crying for help for a few days now concerning aureal vortex
driver install for sound card. I have unzipped the tar file into a new dir
and tryed everything .

> >            It seems I am missing something with the command line..not
sure, After cd to the driver dir I type " make install" and it will not
work. Has anyone downloaded the aureal linux driver for the 8830 chip set?
if so did ya get it to work? I have installed the "make" files and all seems
to be in place.