Hello,

I do have problems too.
Here is a post I sent to some news groups yesterday about it :

Subject : Aureal vortex2 (8830) sound driver for Linux installation
Contents :
Hello,

I have a Dell Dimension PC with a  Turtle Beach Montego II A3D PCI sound

card running Linux.
I downloaded the drivers from http://linux.aureal.com/ (v. 1.0.5) second

public release.
Then I uncompressed, untared, went to the directory, typed "make
install" (for a 8830 model).
And ... no sound. The makefile generates one error at the end, but just
iggnores it. So I guess
it's a non-fatal error.

Is there a way to check my installation ? my sound configuration ? I
must say I'm totally at using
sound under Linux.

Thanks if you can help at all.
Please reply to this group and CC: me as well to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Vincent DECOUX
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Actually, I tried the make install and no sound goes out of my CD player
(I got the OSS demo version to work fine about one month ago, but that was
just a commercial demo version limited to three hours use at once with a need
to restart after three hours).

I tried running rpmdrake, but I don't have such a program on my Linux installation

(Mandrake 6.1) Is there an equivalent, or a way to install it ? Also, is there
some
issue linked to the Kernel version (I don't know how to get this version number).

Thanks a lot

Vincent
[EMAIL PROTECTED]