On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, Necrotica wrote:
> Lo and behold, that upgrade process is the SMARTEST thing I have ever
> seen. It
> checked my existing rpm database, found that I had everything already
> installed, kept my entire configuration, allowed me to put LILO back
> on, and
> voila! I'm back in Linux 5 minutes later and I couldn't even tell
> that it did anything.

Thanks for that encouraging story. I've tried Red Hat, Corel, and
Debian, and I'm really pleased with what I've found in Mandrake 7. I
have Corel LILO running things currently, and I think I want to replace
it with Mandrake's.  A question, though: If I follow the procedure you
outline above and install LILO, will it automatically pick up the fact
that I have Win98 installed and give me a menu at boot time from which
I can select an OS?
--
Lane
____