From: Ron Warren [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2000 8:06 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] Nic problem

I just installed Mandrake 7.0 and I can't get the nic to my cable modem to work. The nic to the network is working ok eth0, but eth1 will not activate under DHCP in control-panel. My Cable modem ISP is mediaone which uses DHCP. Both my nics are  ESL-835-TB PCI (Nek 2000pci). I tried to activate with the Network configurator but no go. I check its configuration under Lothar and Mandrake has the card configured but I can't get it activated to get an ip address via DHCP. By the way everything worked ok with Red Hat 6.1. I like Mandrake 7.0 but I will probably go back to Red Hat 6.1 if this is not resolved soon.

Thanks,

Ron Warren