Ron,

I also have MediaOne.  Here is my setup.

Adaptor 1 - eth0 is connected to the cable modem
Adaptor 2 - eth1 is connected to a hub that other PC's in my house are connected

Try this...

>From the command prompt as root:

linuxconf

Choose:

1. Networking
2. Basic host Information

Host name : [EMAIL PROTECTED] ( mine is kb01ln.kband.net as I am
running my own domain)

Under Adaptor 1,
Make sure the Enabled box has an "X" in it
Config mode ( ) Manual (o) Dhcp ( ) Bootp
Primary name + domain = blank
Aliases = blank
IP address = blank
Netmask = blank
Net device eth0
Kernel module "mine is eepro100" not sure what you should have

Under Adaptor 2,
Make sure the Enabled box has an "X" in it
Config mode (o) Manual ( )Dhcp ( )Bootp
Primary name + domain = kb01ln.kband.net
Aliases = kb01ln
IP address 192.168.1.1
Netmask = blank
Net device eth1
Kernel module  "mine is eepro100" not sure what you should have

If you have already have both cards configured and you know they both work, try
switching the card slots.  I know this sounds weird, but I had to do that when I
first set mine up.  Something about the IRQ.

Hope this helps,
Bryan

I just installed Mandrake 7.0 and I can't get the nic to my cable modem to work.
The nic to the network is working ok eth0, but eth1 will not activate under DHCP
in control-panel. My Cable modem ISP is mediaone which uses DHCP. Both my nics
are  ESL-835-TB PCI (Nek 2000pci). I tried to activate with the Network
configurator but no go. I check its configuration under Lothar and Mandrake has
the card configured but I can't get it activated to get an ip address via DHCP.
By the way everything worked ok with Red Hat 6.1. I like Mandrake 7.0 but I will
probably go back to Red Hat 6.1 if this is not resolved soon.

Thanks,

Ron Warren