On Sat, 19 Feb 2000, you wrote:
> I am having problems with my PS2 mouse in Mandrake 7.0.
>
> When ever there is a fair amount of disk activity the pointer will jump
> accross the screen with the slightest movement.  Any one experienced
> this.
>
> Also is there anyway to get my mouse wheel working?
>
> Thanks
> Sean

Hi Sean

After many stupid mistakes, I finally figured this out

I had to reinstall Mandrake 7.0 and when prompted, chose the "expert Install".
It asks you what kind of mouse you have. Choose Mouseman+ /firstmouse for PS2.
After the install is complete, got to http://klug.armintl.com/tech/ns-wheel.html
and download the config file for Nescape 4.7. Switch to root before you complete
the instructions on that site. You will have to rename the file btw.

Good luck

Ron