Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2000 7:40 PM
Subject: Repartitioning Petition

Hello Newbie Advisors.  Here is my story:

First I had Windows NT on my C disk.  Then I installed Linux on that disk, i.e. NT in the first partition, and then 3 for Linux.  I now have gotten a D drive and have installed another Linux installation on that drive.  The D drive has 3 partitions, one for Linux / one for Linux /home and one for NT.  I used the existing swap partition on my C drive for my D drive Linux installation.  I read that it's best to have the swap on a separate drive if possible.  (The exact partition order on C is: NT, swap, /, /home and D is /, NT, /home)

What I want to do now is to repartition the / and /home partitions from my C drive (i.e. partitions 3 and 4) and make them into one partition and make them available to NT.

When I initially installed Linux I just used the program that comes on the CD for partitioning (the one that runs from the command line--fdisk maybe?) and I re-partitioned the C drive without negatively affecting NT.

I thought I could just go back and do that again and be able to repartition without affecting NT on C or Linux on D.

1 Is this a reasonable plan?
2 What do I need to do to let my Linux on D know that I removed partitions two from C (i.e. Linux on D currently mounts those partitions)
3 Lilo currently is able to boot into NT and Linux on C and Linux on D.  I assume that I can just edit lilo.conf to remove the Linux on C and then run lilo -v and lilo will be happy.

Thank you for your help,
Hershel Robinson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]