I recently purchased the vs 7.0 Linux from your company and am having some
problems with it. At first I tried doing an install by booting off the
floppy disk on one of my two PCs(Dell Workstation 410 with a 3dfx Voodoo 3
3000) and continuously got garbage video screens where I could barely make
out it asking me about the CD-ROM drive on the system. I then successfully
did an install on my other PC(a clone with a Viper 770 Ultra) by wiping the
machine and putting it on as the only OS on the machine. If I do the
Recommended install I get the KDE environment shell loaded automatically
which is great but can not get the networking side to work as I have an
unlisted NIC(3c905b). I then wiped it again and tried the Server install
which I think configured the network properly but I can not see how to get
it to now load the KDE environment. I am very new with Linux but am looking
to be able to learn. I am an avid computer geek so I am technical with a
Cable router running DHCP and such. Please let me know what I may need to
change on the bootable floppy to be able to run the video drivers required
for the Voodoo card as I want to put Linux only on the first machine. As
that machine has a built in 3c905b I will also run into the second machines
problem as well so I would appreciate a suggested method to make this work
as well. I would like to utilize most of the packages in the Server
grouping but as I am a newbie in this Linux realm, I would like to get to
the KDE X environment for ease of learning. Thanks in advance for any and
all assistance in this matter.