Does the modem share any IRQ's with other devices?
Is it PnP?

Steve Flynn
IBM MVS Operations Analyst

maxtorator <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 22/02/2000 11:52:23

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc:    (bcc: Steve Flynn/UK/Contr/IBM)
Subject:  [newbie] modem will not work

To all:

I know that you are  gonna look at the subject and say "oh no....another
modem
problem"  Well, I have read the docs, the man pages and searched various
sites
on the internet for help.  Usually I can figure it out myself by  doing
enough
 reading (I am a newbie) but I must now be at your mercy.  Here's the
situtation:

I myself am having no problems with my modem, I have cable access, but my
friend, who just installed Mandrake 7 ( I told him how great Mandrake is,
so now
we have another newbie among us)has a US Robotics 33.6 internal modem.  It
is
NOT a winmodem.  When he tries to query his modem through kppp he gets
"modem
busy".  His modem is not listed in DrakConf hardware.  I have told him to
read
all of the man pages and docs that he could find on his box.  I have also
tried helping him (via phone support, but its like a blind leading a blind)
with no avail.   Is there some kind of step-by-step that I could direct him
to,
so he could get his modem to work?  All help would be greatly appreciated.

Maxtor
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.maxtors.com