Define "long time"! :)

Have a look at the 'hdparam' command. It'll allow you to change specific
parameters for your drives but it'll also allow you to test the seek time,
latency and transfer rates. Compare them with a UDMA/33 drive (I'll post
mine if you like) and again with a non-UDMA drives and see if the
difference is appreciable. Remeber, UDMA/66 will only give you something
like a 20% increase - not the 100% it implies.

Steve Flynn
IBM MVS Operations Analyst

"Sean Geoghegan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 22/02/2000 13:50:13

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]