Guess I was lucky because I had very little trouble getting my modem to
work with 7.0 but my luck ran out when I tried to connect to my ISP. I'm
using pppd. My ISP's tech support supplied all the setup parameters
needed but that is as far as they would help. When I called to ask for
help with this question I was told that I could use LINUX if I "had to"
but they would not support it in any way.

I connect, I logon to the network and then the error message pops up
stating that... "The ppd daemon died unexpectedly!".

The log file lists:

pppd 2.3.10 started by root uid0
using interface ppp0
connect ppp0 <---> /dev/cua1
lcp: timeout sending config-requests

"The remote system does not seem to answer to configuration request.
Contact your provider."

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

Lori Rothermel