JAMIL HUSSAIN wrote:

> hi i installed mandrake
>
> its great
>
> the modem works it dials out it can connects to my ISP
>
> but netscape does not work?

 Netscape works fine. What is wrong is that you have no DNS (domain name
server) set in your dialler settings. What a Dns does is allows a domain name
you type into your browser to resolve to the "Ip address" (location on the
internet) of that domain name.
  http://207.136.100.3 for example is tucows.com
(try typing that in your netscape location bar in linux when connected to the
internet, it should work.)

> i know i need my ISP DNS etc??

 The information your ISP gives you when you open an account with them should
contain the information of what their DNS is. Example, my ISPs Dns # is
203.29.160.4 (no, you can not use my Dns).
 If you do not have it, ring up their helpdesk and ask them about it.

> where do i get them from and where do i put
> them in mandrake

 Are you using Kppp? Go into the settings for your account and look for DNS or
Domain name server, and enter your dns number in there.
(open Kppp, goto the settings from the dialogue box that comes up when it is
opened)
 Goodluck.