Hi Denis, I set up a server for our office of 15 clients using Mandrake 7.0,
it will be used for filesharing and web browsing. There is no need for email
or printer sharing because each Netscape client POP's their mail from an
account w/ our web host and everyone has their own rinter. We may add a
calendaring/scheduling app like Netscape Collaborator or Lotus Notes in the
future. Our server is a IBM Netfinity 3000 (PII350, 128 meg, 9.1 gig SCSI-2).
I just installed a few nights ago and have no problem re-installing if I am
way off on the partitions, since the server is not in use right now.

I currently have it set with:

/boot   - 20   megs
/tmp    - 200 megs
/var     - 200 megs
/          - 500 megs
/usr     - 1,500 megs
/home - 6,200 megs
swap  - 257 megs

1) When you say that /tmp and /var can get quite big, how large should I make
them?
2) Should I make a /usr/local or /opt partition for software added later?
3) What command will allow me to see how full / or any other partition is
after my install?

Any advice wold be greatly appreciated,

Victor Richardson