RatsnakeBob....it sounds like you installed lilo to the /boot
partition not the mbr.  You need to boot into linux with yout
boot floppy that you made during the installation process.  Then
you need to edit the first line of '/etc/lilo.conf' by removing
the number only, for instance change:

boot=/dev/hda1
boot=/dev/hda

now open a console as the root user and type:

/sbin/lilo

after this the system should boot by default into linux or you
can choose win98 by typing windows (or maybe dos, whatever label
is in lilo.conf) at the lilo 'boot:' prompt.

Alan