Ronald Brown wrote:

> Hello Group,
>
> I'm a newbie, so forgive my ignorance. I'm trying to install Mandrake
> 7.0.
> Ok...I am in the installation process and when I get to the part that
> ask
> for the following information:
>
> Please enter the following information:
>
> 1. the name or IP number of your NFS server
> (Since I am running adsl, I choose DHCP and enter the IP numbers from
> the
> ipconfig /all for my dsl server)
>
> 2. the directory on that server containing Linux Mandrake for your
> architecture
> (Here is my problem, that server does not contain the Mandrake files,
> it is
> on my local hard drive.)
>
> Have I done something wrong in the download process? When I downloaded
> the
> files, I setup a directory on my hard drive and all the files are
> there. How
> can I point question #2 to those files?
>
> I have also tried the static IP and the same questions are always
> presented
> to me for the directory server containing those files.
>
> I would appreciate any help here. I am dying to try Mandrake as an OS
> system
>
> Thanks,
> Ron

Ron,

When asked for your IP address during install linux wants the address to
be give to that machine not those of your ISP's.  There are a set of IP
addresses that can be assigned for a private network however I don't
recall what they are off the top of my head.  You should be able to
search the 'net for them though.

--
Joseph S. Gardner
Senior Designer / Technical Support