It is very possible and likely you need to flash your bios to support the
larger drive.  I've got an old motherboard that had a 133 pent running with 3
15 gig IBM drives and a cyrix 300, but nono would have been possible without
flashing the bios.  Would need to know motherboard manufacturer and model to
help much more. RRP