"Joseph S. Gardner" wrote:

> Which driver did you select?  I have the HP 890C and ended up using the
> 550cUP driver.  One word of caution,  do not change the default printer
> (spooler ?) name ( ie. lp to lp1 ) because when I tried to print from
> Nutscrape it came back with an error that it couldn't find the print
> spool lp .  Once I went back into DrakConf and REsetup the same printer
> but did not change the default name all was fine.  I'm sure that there is
> a setting in Nutscrape I could have easily changed but that did it for
> me.
>
> --
> Joseph S. Gardner
> Senior Designer / Technical Support
> Kirby Co.,  Cleveland, OH
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi Joseph!

I used the Hp DeskJet 550C/560C/6xxC driver.
I also found out what the problem is.
Apparently there may be a bug in lpr rpms following the one in mandrake
6.1.
Every subsequent release seems to have a bug when it comes to printing
through a Winblows box.
I just uninstalled lpr rpm and dependent rpm's and deleted the
/var/spool/lpd/lp directory.
Then I installed the lpr rpm from Mandrake 6.1 and associated
dependencies and then re-installed the abovementioned printer driver.
Now everything works perfectly :-)
I hope the bug patrol are paying attention to this problem, but all in
all the Mandrake 7.0 seems to be quiet an improvement on 6.1
I will have all weekend to play around with it, both on my Sons
Computer, and on mine, so youall be ready for a few questions etc come
Monday eh!

All the best:

Mike.