Or, if you want to save yourself the work of reinstalling the system again, just
to punch in one stupid password, you might could type "linux 1" at the
LILO-prompt, which will take you to a single-user shell with root-access. Then
type "passwd" once it's booted, and provide a password. This is from now on the
root-password.

After having done this, simply reboot (type "reboot" or "shutdown -r now", or
just press CTRL-ALT-DEL) and try logging in again.

Also note that if your security level is too high, you won't be able to log in
as root. That's one of those silly rules the mandrake-team has come up with.

--

Rial Juan                        <http://nighty.ulyssis.org>
                e-mail:              [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The little critters in nature; they don't know they're ugly.
That's very funny... A fly marying a bumble-bee...

Sign the petition at http://www.libranet.com/petition.html
Help bring us more Linux Drivers