Hello:

I am/was running Mandrake 6.1 on 2.2.13-7mdk. In order to add sound support
for my Diamond Monster MX300, I had to compile a kernel. I used the kernel
sources for 2.2.14 to do this.

It compiled just fine. The binary works, and I got my sound running. Things
were great until I discovered that I couldn't print anymore. After some
investigation, I realized that I now have about 1/10th of the number of
modules in my /lib/modules/2.2.14 directory as I have in my
/lib/modules/2.2.13-7mdk directory -- and of course, conspicuous by their
absence were parport.o and parport_pc.o.

I tried compiling the modules again. Nothing. Where did they go? Are they
not part of the kernel sources? Do I need to go somewhere else to get them?
It seems silly that a basic component like parallel port support should be
part of the kernel source, but I can't get the bloody thing to compile.

Thanks for any help,

Stephen