Per Holje wrote:

> The fsck file is not present in the /sbin directory.
> I suspect that more files are also missing, because the startup script did
> not find /sbin/clock either.
>
> I could install all over again, but is there some other way? Perhaps getting
> the missing file(s) directly from the CD (or from the net) ?

I suppose that depends on how crippled your installation is. Do you have
network services running? Normally maintenance mode means your ethernet adapter
is not up, so I suspect that looking around for files is not going to help you
very much (Do you even have ftp installed?). If the stuff is on CD, it should
have been installed properly.

No, the more compelling question is why your install failed -- have you
considered the possibility of a hardware issue that's preventing you from
completing an install? Do you "hand-hold" your install? I think it would be a
good idea to try it again and make a point of observing it from start to
finish. I'll bet my underwear it encounters errors.

-Stephen-

PS: Det holder ikke å si "fy veldig".