arash momeni wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm having problem with my Trident 3DImage985 AGP Videocard, when starting
> Xserver on Mandrake 6.1.
> The device is in the Driver list of this version of mandrake.I select the
> device from the list. Also my Monitor is in the list of monitors. It probes
> the setting Ok but X server has some problems with this device.
> Also when I select 800X600 in 8 bit mode, the X server can't perform a
> proper appearance.
> If anybody has the remedy, please inform me.
>
> Regards
>
> A. Momeni

Does it make the same problem in 16bit mode?
Why would you want to run in 8 bit mode, its horrible!

Have you tried a generic 800*600 monitor, or if it is multisync,
a generic 800*600 multisync monitor?
Also 60hz is a frequency that most if not all monitors can run at.
It may not be the easiest on the eye, but it almost always works
and also prolongs the life of your monitor too :-)
I have seen people set their monitors at ridiculously high frequency
just because people say that it is better, well it IS better, especially
for the manufacturers of Monitors, they get to sell new ones after yours
carks it :-(..
Rant mode off :-)

Try as I suggested, and if it works, let all of us know, it may help
others..

Cheers:

Mike.