Dan Ferris wrote:

> Here is a Samba question...
>
> I want to make Samba to authenticate users from the domain, not
> for the user.  This is so I can have two shares.  One is private
> for me to use. On the other, the world (my home network in this
> case) will be able to download files from.
>
>  [SHARE]
>         comment = Public Shared Files
>         public = yes
>         writeable = yes
>         share mode = yes
>         create mask = 766
>         path = /home/dan/share
>         browseable = yes
>         allow hosts 10.10.10.
>         guest ok = yes
>         only user = no
>
> This is the samba share definiation.  I have the password  option
> set to server, and the correct password server name.  This all
> seems to work fine and dandy if I am logged in as myself.  But
> nobody else can browse this share.  Any insights as to what I am
> doing wrong.  I tried reading the man page for smb.conf, but that
> was like sticking my head into a blender...messy and painful.
>         TIA,
>                 Dan

Hi Dan!

Just a quick thought, Because you have set this directory as a sub under
your home.  Did you do chmod to set permissions on the disk space
itself?

What is group permissions for directory?  Normally, other users can't
browse your home (This is a good thing).  Maybe you should move it out
of your home and set permissions for new directory.