Uh dude... I am not an idiot...  I know upgrading the BIOS is
free.  I can see that I did not make that clear in my post.  But
lets face it, there are some manufacturors that have downright
lousy BIOS'.  MRBIOS fills the ticket for those people that want
a more robust BIOS.  Also nice when you have a MB from a
manufacturor thats no longer around and you cant find any updates.

On Fri, 21 Apr 2000, you wrote:
> Uhh, dude... Upgrading a BIOS is free; all you gotta do is download the
> flash-utillity and the new image from the manufacturer's site. Be warned though,
> you can not switch from one brand of BIOS to another, AFAIK; you'll have to stay
> with the same brand, but you'll get a higher version. See my other post on this
> for more details, or if you already deleted it: too bad, so did I ;-)
>
> You can check out http://www.drivershq.com/List/bioslink1.html though.
>
> On Apr 21 David Thiessen wrote:
>
> > you can definately upgrade a bios.  one that i have seen raves about
> > is mrbios (www.mrbios.com).  their bios' are supposed to be awesome,
> > i want to upgrade my AMIBIOS xxxxCPOR bios, but, I havent saved the
> > money yet...
>
> --
>
> Rial Juan                        <http://nighty.ulyssis.org>
>                 e-mail:              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Belgium            tel:                    (++32) 89/856533
> ulyssis system admininstrator       <http://www.ulyssis.org>
>
> The little critters in nature; they don't know they're ugly.
> That's very funny... A fly marying a bumble-bee...

> Sign the petition at http://www.libranet.com/petition.html
> Help bring us more Linux Drivers
David G. Thiessen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]         AIM: ThiessenDG
King George, VA                ICQ: 55163586
http://webpages.kg.hsanet.net/thiessendg