Civileme....you are of course correct about the need for a Linux
/boot partition under the 1024 cylinder limit (oops, I got so
involved in the BootMagic question I failed to note the need for
a Linux /boot partition).  But, BootMagic also needs to be
installed on a dos/windows (not ntfs) partition that ends before
the 1024 cylinder limit, else it will refuse to install.

Alan