Mungal....format it as a linux native primary partition.  You
would need to copy the  /boot directory and add a new entry to
your /etc/fstab file.  You'd need to create a /etc/lilo.conf
file (and delete the contents of your current /boot dierctory)
and then execute /sbin/lilo.  Instead, I'd re-install if it were
me, unless there is so much customization done to the current
installation that you don't want to lose.

Alan