Yay, I am writing the list from Netscape Mail within Linux Mandrake. The
modem
worked the very first
time I told it to dial, but I did have to reconf kppp as my settings were
still
for ttyS3. After I connected to my ISP, I was unable to get any mail or
browse

Wade
    Sorry I failed to remind you regarding the ttyS setting. Also if you
added the setserial commands to your rc.serial file you need to go back in
and delete those 2 lines.
    If you are still having trouble with your connection and with Netscape
try looking under the /usr/doc/HOWTO directory.
    I don't know how long you have had your Dell WorkStation but it were me
I would call Dell Customer Service and explain to them that you did not
receive the type of modem you had requested. Dell has a good rep. so it may
be that they will be willing to to make some sort of adjustment in regards
to your modem.It's worth a shot at the least.

   Charles