if you rent static IPs from your ISP you can do
exactly that.  Alternately you can set up internet
connection sharing through your main machine (it'll
need to have two NIC cards) but I have no idea how to
do that in linux, I just know that you can do it.
There is a HOWTO for doing it of course.

see
http://metalab.unc.edu/mdw/HOWTO/IP-Masquerade-HOWTO.html
and
http://metalab.unc.edu/mdw/HOWTO/Net-HOWTO.html
and
http://metalab.unc.edu/mdw/HOWTO/NET3-4-HOWTO.html
and probably
http://metalab.unc.edu/mdw/HOWTO/Networking-Overview-HOWTO.html
too.

I've got three computers on a LAN here.  The Uplink
port on our hub goes into the router and the router
goes into the wall.  I do actually need to have
wandows installed on one of the computers to talk with
my router though.  Stupid wandows only programs.

Dacia