On Thu, 03 Jul 2036, you wrote:
> Yo Andrew,
>
> Your problem may not be a "kppp" problem at all. If you can use other
> networking protocols, the problem can be one of or both of two things. DNS IP
> configuration incorrect and something is wrong with your browser. In my
> opinion, I believe it to be your browser alone. If you cant FTP to a site
> using the site name such as:

 Thanks Altoine,
   however I think maybe I did not explain myself fully the first time.
Netscape was only an example.  What happens is nothing opens.  I click on say
my home directory and nothing happens.  I click on the console and nothing
happens.  When I go to the menu and choose anything, say a game, nothing
happens, yet using the /sbin/ifup command everything is fine.

It is not only netscape it is the whole desktop that doesn't respond when
connecting with kppp.  I've checked my DNS IP configuration and all is fine.

--
Andrew