Andrew Scotchmer wrote:

> On Thu, 03 Jul 2036, you wrote:
> > Yo Andrew,
> >
> > Your problem may not be a "kppp" problem at all. If you can use other
> > networking protocols, the problem can be one of or both of two things. DNS IP
> > configuration incorrect and something is wrong with your browser. In my
> > opinion, I believe it to be your browser alone. If you cant FTP to a site
> > using the site name such as:
> >
>  Thanks Altoine,
>    however I think maybe I did not explain myself fully the first time.
> Netscape was only an example.  What happens is nothing opens.  I click on say
> my home directory and nothing happens.  I click on the console and nothing
> happens.  When I go to the menu and choose anything, say a game, nothing
> happens, yet using the /sbin/ifup command everything is fine.
>
> It is not only netscape it is the whole desktop that doesn't respond when
> connecting with kppp.  I've checked my DNS IP configuration and all is fine.
>
> --
> Andrew

I have exactly the same problem.  If I access the Internet using KPPP , I
subsequently cannot activate any programme on my desktop or elswhere.  I cannot
even activate my browser (Netscape 4.73).  In order to use the browser, I have to
activate it before I activate KPPP.

Willem
begin:vcard
n:Buiter;Willem H.
tel;home:#-44-20-75179289
tel;work:#-44-20-73386805
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.whb1002.uklinux.net
org:European Bank for Reconstruction and Development;Office of the Chief Economist
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Chief Economist
adr;quoted-printable:;;2 St Davids Square=0D=0A								;London;;E14 3WA;UK
x-mozilla-cpt:;0
fn:Professor Willem H. Buiter
end:vcard