This came to my attention after fighting ksnuffle for a week
trying to get it to compile.  So in frustration, I wrote to the
developer of ksnuffle and was told that the problem stems from
the fact that gcc 2.95 does not like me.

Since that time, I have tried to compile multiple apps/utilities
only to have gcc crash and burn.  This was especially frustrating
when I tried to compile kfstab and KDE explorer (can't remember
the name now).  These are apps that have compiled and worked
before.  I would like to convert to egcs, which I downloaded from
a Mandrake mirror and installed.  Heck, with my luck egcs would
probably not work either :-)

HOWEVER, the stinking autoconf configure scripts still find and
use gcc.

I don't know that much about the differences between egcs and gcc
except that egcs is used by Red Hat, and gcc is used by
Mandrake.

So, here is the burning question....How do I make egcs work
instead of using gcc.  Or am I all screwed up???????

TIA,
        Dan