Hello!

Have just installed QT2 (it's needed for KDE2, which doesn't seem to work
for me, anyway), so it's still fresh in my mind. :-)

You don't have to recompile anything. They just have a typo (?) in the
installation instructions. The file should be /etc/profile: at least, that
worked for me.

Thanks,
  -- Koly