I've got to vouch for Gnome 1.2; it's very very nice. I installed it Tuesday,
and it's much better than my old verision of Gnome, the one that came with 6.1.
And the installation was really slick, I liked it. You just go here:
http://www.helixcode.com/desktop/instructions.php3?distribution=gognome&x=32&y=26
follow the directions, and then up comes a nice GUI installer. It might take a
while to download all those packages if you have a 56K or slower connection
 though, so I wouldn't really suggest upgrading in that case. But if you have
broadband, then it's definitly worth it.

--
Anthony Huereca
http://m3000.1wh.com