Thanks Denis

My mistake, it was not you, it was "Denis3"...Alan :)
that said I should do something else.  He is probably
right but I haven't done anything like that yet, and
I am a bit shaky on trying it just now since the remedy
Paul "Denis2" has should work and it is something
I would feel comfortable doing at this point.

I have installed rpms and done tar.gz files but that
is about as far as I have gone to date.  I hope to be
more confident as time goes on....but right now...no.

Thanks for your input on this.

Bambi