After I installed Linux-Mandrake 7.0 for the ump-teinth time trying to
figure this out, maybe someone out there can help me, Linux is not
recognizing my Cd writer, it says that it is not a valid block device
when I try to mount it, my system is less than 6 months old, Compaq
7970, does this mean that I need to get the drivers for it and if so
where would I find these drivers? It recognizes my Cd/Dvd drive fine(by
the way any suggestions for an application I can install to watch my
Dvd's , "Nist" does not seem to work at all?) Thanks For your
suggestions in advance,  Jeff