On 13 Jun 00, at 23:40, Everette wrote:

> Well it looked like every thing setup OK so I reinstalled qpopper but it
> want work now in fact I tried some other mail server software and can't
> get any of thm to work.

A better option to qpopper and faster is fetchmail. It is usually
installed by default. At a terminal window, type fetchmailconf. a
prety self explanatory GUI will crop up. Should get you popping mails
from all over.

> When I use telnet it logs onto the mail server fine and tells me I have
> 0 massages, my mail client software logs in fine but tell's me I have no
> new massages this afther I have sent about 20 or 30 test mail to it.

Now this is something else. Probably your account does have 0
messages. Does Netscape Messenger see any messages there? You say
you've sent 20-30 mails to it, but are they really reaching it?
Check. Use a dedicated mail client like balsa,kmail, netscape
messenger, spruce...while you are setting up the perfect mail
combination for yourself.
Sthitaprajna
            @mailandnews.com
Life is pain, Highness.
Anyone who says differently is selling something
        - Westley of "The Princess Bride"