                From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
                Sent:   Wednesday, June 14, 2000 3:42 PM
                To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                Subject:        Re: Compiling source, was RE: [newbie] Make
errors

                Use -I /usr/X11R6/include/X11. The -I path must contain the
full path where
                the .h file exists. If the code says:

                #include "xpm.h"

                You need the path as specified above. If the code says

                #include "X11/xpm.h"

                /usr/X11R6/include should be enough. If I remember
correctly, all X11 stuff
                is supposed to be stored in /usr/X386. In that case, it
*may* be posibble
                for you to link like this:

                ln -s /usr/X386/include/X11 /usr/X11R6/include

                Maybe.

                Laurent Duperval                   "Montreal winters are an
intelligence test,
                U|Force - Java Center                     and we who are
here have failed it."
                Phone: (514) 282-8484 ext. 228
-Doug Camilli
                mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]      Penguin Power!