Out of curiousity (not a flame please don't take it as one) why are you
posting problems that you're having with a Red Hat distro to a Mandrake
list? Yes, mandrake is based off of RedHat, but it's compiled for Pentium
machines (both causing new problems and alleviating RH problems) and
contains many newer versions of various packages than Red Hat does.  Yes,
from the command line the two distros look almost the same. you get into
admin tools and mandrake is quite a bit different. You may have better luck
getting your various issues solved in a RedHat forum of some kind.

Good luck getting your problem fixed, if I know I'd help ya out.

-David Talbot