On Fri, 16 Jun 2000, you wrote:
> Something is not working correctly.  I am trying this again after
> receiving a missent message.  I am try to set up Samba.  Using Sams
> teach yourself Linux-Mandrake in 24 Hours is  useless.  "Running Linux"
> is ok if you understand the C language or are comfortable in a text
> mode.  I am a visual person and need things spelled out for me line by
> line or better yet a picture drawn. Anyway the user guide that came with
> my Linux-Mandrake distro is no help.  Anybody know where I can find (or
> a title to ) help in setting up "Samba". Thanks in advance for any help.

I'd suggest these sources of help/tutorials/step by steps to anyone
using Linux

http://www.mandrakeuser.org/siteindex.html    this will take you to
the 'site map' (I prefer it).  Remove the ending 'siteindex.html to
get the main page.  Everything from install to compiling to trouble
shooting.  Very comprehensive Mandrake site written for newbies to
understand.  Updated monthly, you can download the whole tutorial
(~300k) so that you'll have it when you're offline.  This is your
best site for Mandrake support.

http://jgo.local.net/LinuxGuide/    an even simpler, more generic
help site

http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/flists.php3   half way down the
page are links to search the 'newbie' and 'expert' mailing list
archives.  A little further down is the 'cooker' list archive.
Your question/problem has prob'ly been discussed before.  I
suggest everyone search all these links before posting their
question to the list.  Best place for a quick answer.

http://www.linuxnewbie.org/     good site to browse regularly. An
example of what you'll find here is how to install RealPlayer
(RealAudio) to play many of the popular multimedia files on the
Net with NetScape

http://netllama.ipfox.com/stepbystep.htm    Step by steps for
dozens of subjects

http://docs.online.bg/OS/index.html    Online books including 'UNIX
in a Nutshell', 'Teach Yourself Linux in 24 Hours', 'RedHat Linux
Unleashed'.  Some are online, some like 'Teach Yourself Linux in 24
Hours' can be downloaded.

 --
~~   Tom Brinkman    [EMAIL PROTECTED]