Hiya,

I have a problem with setting up my IIyama Visionmaster 350.
I know it is supported in the Mandrake 7.1 distribution.
When I select it during installation it keeps restoring the
setting to Generic Monitor and in the XF86Config file the following
is displayed:
    Section "Monitor"
    Identifier ""
    VendorName ""
    ModelName  ""

What are the right values to put here?

Second I have a diamond Viper550 a supported video-adapter but this
is also repeatedly restored to Generic VGA. I installed the NVIDIA
Detonator 2 Drivers and those work fine but the XF86Config file still
displays:
Section "Device"
    Identifier  "RIVA128"
    VendorName  "Unknown"
    BoardName   "Unknown"
    VideoRam    4096

The card has 16MB of RAM.. I know I can change the 4096 to match 16MB
but why does it restore the settings to Generic VGA instead of Viper550?

Greetings,
  LarBor