Hi, Andy.

You need to find a file called "soffice"  which is a
start-up script.  On system it's in the bin directory off the
Office51 directory.
what does

locate soffice

tell you?

RPM?

Try rpm -q staroffice     that will tell whether you have it
installed or not

HTH

Glyn

On Thu, Jun 22, 2000 at 08:21:49AM -0700, thus spake Andrew Miller:
> Loaded Mandrake 7.0 on a Thinkpad 760XL and used RPM to install
> StarOffice and Apache.  Now I can't find them.  They don't show up in
> any KDE application menus and the only icon that shows for StarOffice
> just runs the installer.  I've done that twice and can't find the
> application.
>
> This seems really basic, but where are they?  I perused the directory
> that StarOffice created and find nothing that seems to be an app.  As
> for Apache, the find utility finds nothing with Apache in it.  Do I
> have to run a second installer from the hard drive?  I know I'm doing
> something very basic wrong, but can't figure out what it is.
> HelLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Andy

       * "The soul is greater than the hum of its parts. "  *
       *                 Douglas Hoftstatder                *