Hello,

I am using an older Intel 440LX based motherboard with a P2-333, 64megs of
memory, ATI All-In-Wonder Pro, and Plextor 32x CDROM drive.

I have Redhat 6.2 installed on the system without any problem.  My friends
mention that Mandrake is a better distribution so I thought I would
try it.  I downloaded the iso image of Mandrake 7.1 (Helium) and burned
a CD without problem.

The install program can find the Adaptec 1542cf card but I get the error
message "I could not mount a CD on device /dev/scd0".  If I hit OK the
program displays a message about initializing the CD and it just hangs
there.  I tried the install from win98 (also on the machine) and boot disk
(as I cannot boot the CD).  When I tried text expert install I see the bootup
messages that the driver loaded and it displays the information from the
CD-ROM drive.

There is no problem when mounting under RH 6.2.  I tried mounting
manually using /dev/scd0 and it worked.

Is there any way to manually break out or abort the install program
so I can see why the install is failing?  It seems if the install
fails I have no recourse to debug or correct it.

73 Eric [EMAIL PROTECTED]  WB1HBU