Have e-searched, RTFM, begged, pleaded but no where can find how to determine
which RPM on CD2 of MDK 7.0 Secure Server edition contains the src that one
assumedly must have in /usr/src prior to patching kernel to activate rt18019.

If I can get MDK hooked to inet and on StarOffice 5.2, plan to NUKE windoze
           from my company.

NIC =  SMC 10 Mbps ISA ethernet (EZNET-ISA)  I/O 0220-023F , Int 10
BOX = HomeBrewed:
            Antec full tower 300 Watt / 13 bays / 3 case fans
            Socket 7 FIC 2013 2 Meg. L2 (no OverClocking 5.5 x 100 factory jmps)
            Bios = Award ver. ji437 1/12/00 (no flash needed)
            AMD K6-II-550 mhz (heat sink & fan - cool to the touch)
            128 Meg. PC100
            ATI Magnum/Xpert 128 AGP 16 Meg.
            channel 1 primary: 10.2 G WD Caviar ( 98Lite Pro III.)
                        1 secondary = 4.3 G WD Caviar ( Mandrake 7.0)
            channel 2 primary = 50X CD-ROM
                        2 secondary = none
            other = 3.5" / 5.25"
            hope-2 = Syquest SparQ 1.0 Gig removable
                           (no drivers at Syquest for  Linux)
            ISP =  TimeWarner Cable Modem / RoadRunner
                       works in 98Lite, but can't get NIC going in Mandrake 7.0

Docs from SMC state to:
cd /usr/src/linux  (no dir other than RPM under /usr/src)
            ?? should I mkdir linux under /usr/src ??
            ?? does source code need to be there, I have assumed it does ??
make menuconfig
         enable module support
                   networking support
                  TCP/IP networking
                  network device support
                  ethernet
                  ne2000/ne1000 support
exit
make dep
make clean
make zImage  (/usr/src/linuw/arch/i386/boot/zImage)
copy zImage to /root
modify /etc/lilo.conf
run lilo
reboot
run netconfig to set TCP/IP
run ifconfig or netstat -i to see if there is an interface 'ne0'

Can someone tell me (MDK newbie) if this is the correct approach and if there is
a need for the linux source in /etc/src/linux?
If so which RPM do I Drak?

Thanx now, ya'll come on back......ya' hear?

John H. Mason
SouthCross, Ltd.