On Sun, 02 Jul 2000, you wrote:
> When I installed LM 7.1 I let it set the three LM partition sizes (/, /boot,
> and swap). Of the 5 GB available, it assigned about 1.4 GB to the /boot
> partition. Now I've heard that you only need 10 MB for /boot. Am I wasteing
> 1.4 GB? Thanks.

   20mb is adequate for /boot.  I have 5gigs for Mandrake also, the
7.0 install set up 140mb swap, 40 for /boot, and all the rest in /
During 7.1 install, I just kept the same sizes, but I'm pretty sure
it lets you decide what sizes you want.  I use 40 for /boot so I
can save kernel source and headers there.

 --
~~   Tom Brinkman    [EMAIL PROTECTED]