On Tue, 04 Jul 2000, Alexander Skwar wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 03, 2000 at 10:18:09PM -0500, Tom Brinkman wrote:
> >    The kernel source and header rpm's, about 20 mb.  The reason I do
>
> Ah, you mean the kernel-source.i586.rpm file?

  Yep.

>I thought you were talking
> about the unpacked stuff.
>
> > I've found a better system monitor that doesn't need lm_sensors
>
> Would you mind sharing with us what monitor that would be?

  http://homepages.fh-giessen.de/~hg7229/khealthcare/

    If your motherboard uses the standard Winbond w83782d chip for
monitoring, and most do, d/l the version that doesn't say lm_sensors
is required. eg, I used the  khealthcare-0.1-3 version (the rpm).
Any monitored item you choose can be docked into kpanel. If you
have a Pentium II, III, or Celeron, the cpu's internal diode temp
can be read.  My p3-450 at 608mhz reads room temp to 43C under
extreme load (like when running 'cpuburn').  Installation is as
simple as installing the rpm, then configurung your sensors only
takes a few minutes.

   If you don't know what chip your board has (or if it even has
one, Dell for example leaves it off most of their boards), you can
use the 'sensors-detect' binary from lm_sensors to find out.
Word of caution tho, I know my Soyo 6ba+III uses the w83782d, but
sensors detect said it was a w83781d on some runs, w83782d on
others.  So run it several times.

 --
~~   Tom Brinkman    [EMAIL PROTECTED]