Title: append="mem=192m"  For your memory problems.
Everyone keeps asking this question over and over and I began to ask myself why?  Well, everyone says add the line : append="mem=192M"
to your lilo.conf.  Here is the problem.  The last "M" as in megabytes needs to be "m".  Everyone steers wrong on this and even the documentation is wrong.  I banged my head on the wall for two weeks struggling with this issue.  I have 512M RAM and Linux only sees 64 if I don't have that line in.  As we all know Linux is case sensitive in that:
nn isn't Nn isn't NN isn't nN