This begs a BIG question. If, from your previous experience, you're aware
of problems Linux has with your particular video card why are you
surprised that Mandrake has the same, or similar problems during
installation? Why not just change video cards to accomodate Linux since
you obviously like the OS, and clearly Winblows couldn't care less?

I'd say that would take care of the problem and you would be free to keep
on trying all the different flavors and versions of Linux that are
populating the computer world and keeping you occupied with hours of fun.

--
Mark

I love my Linux Box...
        REASON # 2 ...X-windows is just a suedonym.
        Registered Linux user # 1299563